Here’s a roundup of some of our favorite links, just in time for the weekend:
- Bespoke Lace: centuries old, one of fashion’s greatest art forms is making a comeback in high end fashion. Woven on Leaver’s looms, “the closest you can get to handmade lace that’s made by a machine,” this lace is painstakingly produced by highly skilled craftsmen who train for 7 years; loading a new pattern on the loom takes three men two months! – The National
- The history behind YKK zippers: a reliable industry leader – Slate
- A Guide to Natural and Eco-friendly Fabrics – Green Living
- 20 Best Quotes on Style – Ecosalon
- Demystifying Business Models: How to know whether your business will sink or swim – Tara Gentile
- What do good designers have in common? – Fashion-Incubator
Compiled Content is a collection of links to articles around the web that we find insightful and informative. Topics may include fashion industry news, entrepreneurial tips, textile advances, manufacturing, sourcing, marketing, sustainability, general business advice, designer interviews, trends, avant garde creations, and anything else that we feel may be interesting and relevant to our community of independent designer entrepreneurs, fashion friends, and sewing industry professionals.