Development services for cut and sew apparel and small accessories:
- Concept evaluation and development process planning
- Technical development (measurements, construction specs, etc.)
- Patternmaking and Virtual Samples (2D & 3D CAD)
- Grading (3D fitting available on Alvanon size sets)
- Sample sewing / prototyping (only offered in conjunction with patternmaking and development services)
- Production planning and management
- Assistance in setting up, engineering, & scaling in-house production for small brands
I coach clients through the process of preparing to work with pattern makers, sample sewers, and production facilities, as well as help small brands refine and scale their own in house production. For starters, read my Guide to Working With Pattern and Sample Makers. I have extensive experience sewing small batches and made to order items, and this informs my patternmaking and product development process as I specialize in engineering products with domestic production and small batch feasibility in mind.
If you’re interested in working together, please fill out this questionnaire so I can learn more about your project and determine if it’s a good fit for my skill set and schedule availability. My portfolio will give you an idea of past projects.
While I have a broad range of experience sewing womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, and lightweight accessory categories across stretch knit and woven categories, my patternmaking expertise is mostly focused within the realm of casual fashion, activewear, and sportswear such as base layers, hoodies, leggings, skorts, and tanks. Present day interests lean towards functional / technical performance outdoor apparel and accessories that are suited for adventure in and around the Colorado mountains, such as fleece jackets, hiking skirts, fishing vests, and paddle sports sun protection. Sustainable materials and ethical manufacturing are long time areas of focus.
I do NOT work with bridal / cocktail / formalwear, lingerie, luggage, handbags, thick leather, or heavy weight upholstery materials.
- Industrial single needle lockstitch
- Industrial serger / overlock with 3, 4, 5, or 6 thread capabilities
- Industrial 3 thread overlock with rolled scarf edge hem
- Industrial 3 needle / 5 thread coverstitch
- Domestic machines for zigzag, bartacks, and buttonholes
- Commercial gravity feed iron
- Heat press for fusible interfacings and heat transfer labels
- Snap and grommet press
- 42” plotter
- StyleCAD 2D + Browzwear 3D patternmaking systems
- Commercial cutting table and related tools